Fury Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for The Darbodaen Fury.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook? Empty
PostSubject: Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook?   Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:52 pm

I'm not even sure if I posted this in the right place. My apoligies, if i didn't. I just bought a netbook since my husband hogs the desk top. It has only 1GB of memory. I already bought the 2gb stick. I want to play now soo badly, but I dont want to crash my new computer. If anyone knows, please reply! thanks mateys
Back to top Go down
Jojo McSilver
Officer
Officer
Jojo McSilver

Pirate
Pirate Name: Jojo McSilver/Good Luck Charm
Pirate Level: 50 and MASTERED xD
Guild: DARBODAEN FURY!!!

PostSubject: Re: Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook?   Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:47 pm

You may not be able to since you have to download it, but I must add your little baby is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute Smile
Back to top Go down
Ramah Darbodaen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
Ramah Darbodaen

Pirate
Pirate Name: D-Rock
Pirate Level: 50
Guild: Darbodaen Fury

PostSubject: Re: Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook?   Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:00 am

Agrees with the baby comment completely... but has no idea about the game related issue. This may be a good one for Dog the mastermind...
Back to top Go down
https://furyforums.forumotion.com
Jojo McSilver
Officer
Officer
Jojo McSilver

Pirate
Pirate Name: Jojo McSilver/Good Luck Charm
Pirate Level: 50 and MASTERED xD
Guild: DARBODAEN FURY!!!

PostSubject: Re: Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook?   Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:43 am

Indeed Smile DTM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMPUTER QUESTION!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook?   Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:35 am

willow wrote:
I'm not even sure if I posted this in the right place. My apoligies, if i didn't. I just bought a netbook since my husband hogs the desk top. It has only 1GB of memory. I already bought the 2gb stick. I want to play now soo badly, but I dont want to crash my new computer. If anyone knows, please reply! thanks mateys
Ahoy Williow! I agree what a cute little matey you have!

As for your netbook, with 1GB of RAM you have more than you need to run POTCO.

According to Mr. Mouse, the target system requirements are:

• Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7
  • Pentium 3 800Mhz processor (P4 1Ghz rec.) <---- I imagine your Netbook runs at least 4x this speed
  • 256 MB RAM (512 recommended) <------- You have 4x the minimum and 2x the recommended
  • 400 MB disk space available <------ You didn't mention storage (hard disk), but you cannot buy a disk these days less than 74GB
  • 32MB graphics card (64 MB recommended) <---- You should be fine here too
  • DirectX 9 or better <---- Covered if you are running WindowsXP, Vista or Windows7
  • Broadband Internet Connection <---- No dialup is what they are saying here. ISDN, FIOS, Cable Internet all work.

So, the short answer is YES, your Netbook should run POTCO just fine!

Also, Pirates will not crash your computer. It is possible that the game will crash to desktop, but that just means the game has terminated. Honestly, I have not played a game in the 20 years that I've been computer gaming that crashes as often as Pirates does. It is amazing to me that they have not fixed it by now.

Since it is a laptop, you should make sure the bottom is not blocked by blankets or oddly enough a lap! Many of these types of computers fail due to overheating, mostly because their ventilation ports are blocked. Another big laptop killer is dust, so I have canned air to blow out the fan port on the bottom of mine, about once a month.

The only other thing I think will make it really enjoyable for you is an external mouse. There are many games within pirates that are quite difficult without the mouse, fishing is near impossible.

Good luck and WELCOME TO THE FURY!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook?   Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Dog Deckhazzard wrote:
willow wrote:
Ahoy Williow! I agree what a cute little matey you have!

As for your netbook, with 1GB of RAM you have more than you need to run POTCO.

According to Mr. Mouse, the target system requirements are:

• Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7
  • Pentium 3 800Mhz processor (P4 1Ghz rec.) <---- I imagine your Netbook runs at least 4x this speed
  • 256 MB RAM (512 recommended) <------- You have 4x the minimum and 2x the recommended
  • 400 MB disk space available <------ You didn't mention storage (hard disk), but you cannot buy a disk these days less than 74GB
  • 32MB graphics card (64 MB recommended) <---- You should be fine here too
  • DirectX 9 or better <---- Covered if you are running WindowsXP, Vista or Windows7
  • Broadband Internet Connection <---- No dialup is what they are saying here. ISDN, FIOS, Cable Internet all work.

So, the short answer is YES, your Netbook should run POTCO just fine!

Also, Pirates will not crash your computer. It is possible that the game will crash to desktop, but that just means the game has terminated. Honestly, I have not played a game in the 20 years that I've been computer gaming that crashes as often as Pirates does. It is amazing to me that they have not fixed it by now.

Since it is a laptop, you should make sure the bottom is not blocked by blankets or oddly enough a lap! Many of these types of computers fail due to overheating, mostly because their ventilation ports are blocked. Another big laptop killer is dust, so I have canned air to blow out the fan port on the bottom of mine, about once a month.

The only other thing I think will make it really enjoyable for you is an external mouse. There are many games within pirates that are quite difficult without the mouse, fishing is near impossible.

Good luck and WELCOME TO THE FURY!

It took me like 15 minutes to figure out how to reply to this lol. THANKS SO MUCH. You just saved me from boredom. I would have NEVER figured that out by myself, so thanks a lot!!! cat Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook?   Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook? Empty

Back to top Go down

Could I run POTCO on a 1gb Netbook?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fury Forums :: Support :: Game Related Questions-
Jump to: