Fury Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for The Darbodaen Fury.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy Fourteen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Romp
Officer
Officer
Romp

Pirate
Pirate Name:
Pirate Level:
Guild: Darbodaen Fury

Final Fantasy Fourteen  Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy Fourteen    Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 1:04 am

This is to get the ball rolling.
Back to top Go down
Romp
Officer
Officer
Romp

Pirate
Pirate Name:
Pirate Level:

PostSubject: Early Release   Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:06 am

It worked at 5:00 AM as promised (beta 4 was delayed by a little more than an hour).

It crashed the first time I tried to get in, giving me a 2002 error.

The second time it said the server was full and I was in a line with 52 people ahead of me.  The line cleared up in about a minute (wish a line of 52 cleared up that fast in real :-).

Now I am in...

To get a snipping shrew (not a snapping shrew!) you have to interact with a shrewhill in the garden of Royal Plantations in Central Thanalan.  Ironically these hills are extremely close to the guy who gives you the quest, Hihiyaja.

When serving the four customers for *Disorderly Conduct* the fourth customer is outside and you have to go around the building, up a hill, and the customer is on a stone platform.

Spriggan Graverobbers are in the water at the Sil'dih excavation site.

A beginning player will want to know this -- as you do quests, collect armor for different parts of your body - head (like a helmet), body (we often refer to this as torso),hands, legs and feet -- and have level 5 or higher on each one.  Eventually you get to a quest where you get inspected and you need those to pass inspection.

Late in the morning an error with servers occurred, shutting down the game:

Final Fantasy Fourteen  Na-eu-10

I had two objectives at this point:

1. Find dusty mongrels to complete my hunting log and get lots of rep.
2. finish my level 10 class quest ("Bruce the Big") so I could go to the thaumaturge guild and change my class to thaumaturge.
Back to top Go down
Romp
Officer
Officer
Romp

Pirate
Pirate Name:
Pirate Level:

PostSubject: Adventure on Titan   Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:02 pm

given the loss of North American and European servers I decided to try my luck on a Japanese server.  I had heard that their servers had experienced none or almost no difficulties during the beta test.

I was expecting Japanese but surprisingly it all came through in English.

Your first "event" is to register yourself with a guild (for me it was the Adventurer guild).

Be sure to lock your hotbar.

After reviewing what happened below, I think I made the mistake of clicking OK somehow with Gladiator chosen...

Be careful if you do not want to be a gladiator.  The receptionist will promote the gladiator class and possibly the exclamation mark (!) might make you think you have to accept to get credit -- no!  Make certain to decline the invitation.  Actually I just noticed, if you decline, then you don't get the quest asking you to kill three different critters.  However, you will still go outside of Ul'dah to get critters for three quests mentioned below.

The city of Ul'dah is divided such that two halves appear on different pages.  

One is called the Steps of Thal.
The other is called the Steps of Nald.

The Steps of Nald contain the location where you start and not too far away is Aetheryte Plaza, home of the location that the game considers your "home"--you teleport to here when you click that you want to return to home.  Later you can change the location.

You want to use the blue crystals of aetheryte to travel whenever possible.  Every time you approach a new Aethernet Shard take time to run up to it and put your hand to it to attune it and put it on your list of possible destinations.

Jajakuta (outside Pugilists' Guild) gives a quest that requires shrews.  

Erasmus (outside Thaumaturges' Guild) gives a quest that requires marmot blood.

Wolken gives a quest that requires killing lady bugs.

For our first critter kill, we exited through the gate of Thal.  We found marmots.  

Pressing H at this time did not bring up the hunter log.

When you return from the critter quests make your selection of a drop item such that you get the most gain on your armor.  At some point a quest will require you to have level five on head, body, legs, feet (and one other, can't remember it at the moment).

At this point a problem was discovered.  Even though we had specifically declined the invitation to join the Gladiator Guild and had accepted the invitation of the Thurmatage guild, we were listed as a Gladiator!

Also, I had wondered why I hadn't been given Thaumaturge weapons with which to fight.  now it was clear -- game problem.
Back to top Go down
Joseph Ironskull
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Fourteen    Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:44 am

so far im stuck on game because duty servers wont work and cant progress any further till you finish key quests Sad pale 
Back to top Go down
Ramah Darbodaen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
Ramah Darbodaen

Pirate
Pirate Name: D-Rock
Pirate Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Fourteen    Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 1:57 am

Joseph Ironskull wrote:
so far im stuck on game because duty servers wont work and cant progress any further till you finish key quests Sad pale 
O_O You got in!!!! WOOT!!! U are on Ultros server right?? And what city did u start in of the three?? Limsa Lominsa, Ul'dah or Gridania?? And which class and what is your adventurers name Smile
Back to top Go down
https://furyforums.forumotion.com
Joseph Ironskull
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Fourteen    Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:43 am

D-Rock wrote:
Joseph Ironskull wrote:
O_O You got in!!!! WOOT!!! U are on Ultros server right?? And what city did u start in of the three?? Limsa Lominsa, Ul'dah or Gridania?? And which class and what is your adventurers name Smile
yes ultros,ul'dah, gladiator (cant do duty quest yet so cant get second class ) yenar stormcloud
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Officer
Officer
Nikki

Pirate
Pirate Name: Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Fourteen    Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 pm

< - - - is downloading the game

Hopefully ill see you all soon? wave

Edit: Ultros is currently not accepting any new characters.

now what?
Edit: It's 3:10 am. I just got into Ultros. Im Ok 
Back to top Go down
Romp
Officer
Officer
Romp

Pirate
Pirate Name:
Pirate Level:

PostSubject: Chatting to jump-start your Final Fantasy XIV adventure...   Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Hey Nikki:

Do you want to try chatting here about the game? It sounded like you might have questions.
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Officer
Officer
Nikki

Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Fourteen    Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:11 pm

1. No north american servers are accepting new characters

2. It keeps telling me My Service Account can't create anymore characters. I dont have any at the moment.

3. I sat in line on live chat for 4 hours, and they closed on me while i was 1st in line.

4. I've had the game for 2 days and havent had a glimpse at play time

5. I'm fairly certain this was a waste of money, and i'm looking into getting a refund.

6. That so called month of free play time is wasting away as it wont let me into the game.

So no questions anymore, I give up. There isnt enough servers to host the amount of players.
Back to top Go down
Romp
Officer
Officer
Romp

Pirate
Pirate Name:
Pirate Level:

PostSubject: Extreme Lack of Professionalism on the Game Maker   Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi Nikki:

I understand the magnitude of the suffering they poured on you was horrendous.

There is no "but" about it.

I did tricks like going on a Japanese server even though I knew anything done would be thrown away days later when I deleted the character.

I'm guessing you will look for a different game, one that places better emphasis on customer service. I'm sending you root beer made in oak barrels and lots of good luck P:-)

Back to top Go down
Nikki
Officer
Officer
Nikki

Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Fourteen    Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:06 pm

I played POTCO and they had bad CS
I have another guildmaster of mine attempting to get me into the game, in any server. If its worth it ill pay for a World transfer when those become available.

Unfortunately im not getting anywhere, and neither is she.
Ill be playing a few other games in the meantime - maybe they'll add new servers to accommodate the influx of players.

Edit: She got somewhere! I have a character in Ultros as well as their server. Now to learn how to play the game ^.^
Back to top Go down
Romp
Officer
Officer
Romp

Pirate
Pirate Name:
Pirate Level:

PostSubject: Hoping for the best   Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi Nikki:

From your last post it sounds like you might join up. No pressure though.

If you get in, let me know what server (world) you used.
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Officer
Officer
Nikki

Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Fourteen    Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 5:28 pm

At the moment im in Ultros.... in the starting city
Back to top Go down
Ramah Darbodaen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
Ramah Darbodaen

Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Fourteen    Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:29 am

Wait, you are in Ultros Nikki>!?!! I will find you tomorrow and get you into the guild!! WOOT!! Congrats Smile

FTF!!
-D
Back to top Go down
Romp
Officer
Officer
Romp

Pirate
Pirate Name:
Pirate Level:

PostSubject: Status   Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Our status is -- we are looking for you! P:-)

Where are you?

Back to top Go down
Nikki
Officer
Officer
Nikki

Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Fourteen    Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:48 pm

I passed you twice earlier, Romp. I'm back in Ul'dah at the moment, not sure how long that will last. Hold on, let me look for you through the finder
Back to top Go down
Romp
Officer
Officer
Romp

Pirate
Pirate Name:
Pirate Level:

PostSubject: I may have Tam-Tara on my queue card soon   Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 6:45 pm

I can't say for sure but it seems a good chance that soon I'll need to fight in the dungeon at Tam-Tara.
Back to top Go down
Ramah Darbodaen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
Ramah Darbodaen

Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Fourteen    Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Tam Tara Deepcroft is a Very fun dungeon, but a dangerous one! I have but one warning...Beware the Imps!!
Back to top Go down
Romp
Officer
Officer
Romp

Pirate
Pirate Name:
Pirate Level:

PostSubject: Tam-Tara Bound   Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 7:18 pm

It's a official -- I have to go in to the dungeon. I believe you are at this point too.
Back to top Go down
Joseph Ironskull
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Fourteen    Final Fantasy Fourteen  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:19 pm

gess im done for today I got disconnected leaving an instance and impossible to log back on during normal hours of the day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Fourteen    Final Fantasy Fourteen  Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Fourteen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fury Forums :: The Main Dock :: Goosey's Place-
Jump to: